Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Only 4 Days left of Summer Vacation

I can't believe school starts on Monday! I have enjoyed being a stay at home Mom this summer. I always thought I would be bored to death staying at home, but I wasn't. I started with a pretty ambitious list of things to do this summer and I did most of what I set out to accomplish.
My original plans were to sit on the beach each morning. Didn't happen. I also wanted to ride my bike each morning before the kids woke up. Didn't happen either. But I did work on the yard a lot.
We bought this statue when we took Contessa to Victory Junction Gang Camp
Her name is Rebecca.
My vegetable garden to right of the fountain did not do to well this year. I was really bummed! I was looking forward to all the fresh cucumber, tomatoes and zucchini. Instead everything flourished and immediately fried. I planted some jasmine on the fence to cover it up some.
Victory Junction Gang Camp was a blast again this year. Michael Waltrip stooped by the camp this year. Contessa got a kick out of the pink swimming trunks he wore. My inspiration for this page came from Scraploves' weekly challenge. Use lots of polka dots and this picture. Our Girl Scout troop was very busy this summer. This layout is from our Tennessee Adventure where we went spelunking. this was such a great experience.
On April 26, I started Weight Watchers. My beining weight was 151 pounds. Now three and a half months later I have lost 15 pounds and counting. I made this layout marking this great accomplishment!

This layout I created to tell the story of why I scrapbook. This was an interesting challenge. The requirements: use 5 different pattern papers, 4 chipboard pieces, 3 buttons, 2 colors of cardstock and 1 5x7 photo of yourself scrapbooking. That's it, no other embellishments, paint, ink, ribbon, etc... At least I did accomplish my goal of doing an insane number of layouts this summer.

Tomorrow we will finally hit the beach! This is why we moved here right?

No comments: