Thursday, August 28, 2008

Challenge Taken

This is the last week of Summer of ScrapLovin' at ScrapLove. With this challenge we were to do something we usually do not do. I chose old pictures to scrapbook and a new technique. When I saw Jamie's Try it Tuesday video this week I was instatantly inspired.
YO-YO's.... My Grandmother made yo yo quilts. Growing up I always wanted one of her yo yo quilts. She only had 3 made and could not give me one because she needed 4. There are 4 granddaughters and to her it just would not be fair for me to only receive one. Now as she is admitted into a nursing home, her memories ravaged by Alzheimers disease, her yo yo quilts go on incomplete. When Dad cleaned out her house he did manage to find 1 yo yo quilt for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omg, that's so cool about the yo yo quilt. I totally didn't know they were a quilting thing when I did 'em! I am SO glad you got to use them on this layout...wonderful!!!

the real ~Roxann~ said...

I'm so glad you got your yo-yo quilt. It would have been heartbreaking if you didn't, since you wanted it so much!

Beatiful story and Layout!