Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Back to School

Well the kiddos went back to school 2 weeks ago. Yeah! But so did I, ughh.. No, it really hasn't been that bad. I made some changes at the PreSchool that I am really excited about and I feel refreshed and that spark for teaching was reignited!
I am finally getting around to posting pictures from the 1st and 2nd day of school. (It was raining so much the first day) It was also kind of dark at 7am plus with the clouds my pictures sure are dark. (I need to invest in some photo editing software)

Winston started 4th grade this year.

Contessa is in 8th grade. What scares me is that next year she will be in High School. How can that be possible? Here is a layout I did using the picture from the second day of school.


My inspiration can from Becky Fleck's PageMap Book. (pg. 75) The flowers were fun and simple. I punched a circle and cut triangle in towards the center to make a flower. I layered it on top of a circle cut the same size. Next I placed a small circle punch in center of the flower. I crumpled and unfolded the paper and sanded each one. My sewing machine is in the shop so I had to rub on all my stitching.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude...I love that layout! I can't believe you've already done a back to school page. Geez, talk about up to date eh? ;)

the real ~Roxann~ said...

Very cute LO's! I'm impressed, as well as Jamie is! Overachiever! (just kidding!)

Seriously, you kids are getting so big! Wow!

r