Saturday, April 11, 2009

Springbreak is Here!!

I have been able to sneak a few scrapbook layouts in, between work, scouts and working in the yard. The first layout showcases Contessa's bravery in getting her ear's pierced.


The MS Society is working on a piece to put on the MSgiants.org website. They asked if they could interview Contessa. The reported wanted more than just a sit down interview. So we travelled to Charlotte, NC for the interview. We met at Perry's at South Park. Perry's is an Estate Jewelers. Mr. Perry surprised Contessa with her first pair of diamond stud earrings!!!

I really like the colors of this layout. The pattern paper came in my Scrapbook Nook Kit. At first I was not sure if I would use the papers because they are wedding inspired, but the colors were perfect!

This layout is about one of my dearest friends, Julie. We met 4 years ago when our daughters Girl Scout troops merged. Over the years we have become closer with every Girl Scout event we do.

I found the inspiration for this layout in Making Memories magazine. (I believe) It was said that this was one of the best pictures that I could find of my paternal grandfather. Yes, that's me in the upper right hand picture holding the baby, my baby sister!!!! Those preteen years, sooo awkward!!!

Okay, now I am in the mood to go crop. Talk to you soon.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Oh, I like the bff one here :)

Suz said...

Pretty papers & I love what you did with them.. Great layouts

Nicole Martel said...

love how you used the kit!