Friday, April 17, 2009

Where is my yard boy?

I have been working in the yard non stop for the past month. I finally got around to taking some pictures of my progress. I still have lots of weeds to pull! I want to have everything done before summer when it is just too hot to work outside.
This winter I started a compost pile. It was nice to be able to put all our scraps for cooking into the compost pile. After all our heavy rains, I noticed I had pumpkins growing in my compost pile!I cleared a nice little bed next to the compost pile for my pumpkin patch. I just hope that those weeds right behind them don't creep over to the pumpkins! I found that 2 x 4 right there in that pile of weeds. I will look for more to build a box around their little bed.


When our stucco guys were her stucco-ing our house they left behind this old wheel barrow. I did manage to use it. Granted it did have a flat tire and it was so rusted that only one bolt held the bucket to the handles. After receiving a new wheel barrow for Christmas it was time to retire this one. I turned it into a flower garden. I love how it turned out. Unfortunately my hose doesn't reach that far so I have to use the watering can.


Here is my herb garden. It's pretty small now but hopefully soon it will grow. I don't know what happened to my rosemary? It was huge and three weeks ago it turned brown and all the leaves fell off???

Here I have started chives, thyme, basil, and parsley from seed. I am afraid to put it in the garden because the dogs have been chasing the birds into my herb garden. I need to put a small fence around the garden.

Here we have my vegetable garden. In November I planted Vadillia Onions. They should be ready in May. Next to them I have red onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, squash and zucchini, and peppers. Meet Rebecca, we bought her last summer after we picked up Contessa from Victory Junction Gang Camp. This garden was easy. I just pulled a few weeds and placed fresh mulch.


Next we come to my shade garden. I expanded it back to the fence this year. I added Elephant ears and cana lillies.


Here we come to my latest project. In between our red tip bushes are so many weeds! I am working on clearing out the weeds and then I will add the mulch. I have daffodil bulbs planted in front of the red tips.


Here is what I have finished so far. I have lillies planted in front of the fence.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love seeing all the stuff you're doing in the yard. Can't wait to see it when it's all lush and full! ;)