Saturday, June 6, 2009

some scrapbooking eye candy

For the first challenge I am sharing we were to look around for a piece of inspiration and create a layout. My inspiration came from Winston's basketball.


My Super Star


This challenge we were not allowed to use pattern paper. But were encouraged to use journaling spots. I was glad to be able to use these pictures from Contessa's 14th birthday. I had been putting them aside for months. I made 2 layouts for the Keepin' it Real Challenge. I finally decided to submit this one using my blog as inspiration. This month's Creating Keepsakes Magazine came in handy when I learned how to copy a computer screen to a document for printing. So simple click alt + prt scrn and simply paste to a blank document. I will be using this technique often.

The one that I did not submit is about my gardening.
This next challenge was double or nothing. We were to use only shaped photos. No squares or rectangles or silhouetted pictures. I used Contessa's pictures from confirmation last weekend.
I also learned this fabulous new technique! The paper ribbon at the bottom of my layout.

A few cards to share....
Scrap like it's 1999. Using cardstock, pattern paper and stickers. I also got out my zig zag scissors. I'm lovin' this card though.

This card had to use 3 different pattern papers, a flower and ribbon. I promptly mailed this card to a dear friend for all her support lately.

This card is made for one lucky person from The Scrapbook Nook. Everyone was to make 1-2 cards to send to someone else on the board who inspired them.

This card is a gift card holder. K.I.S.S.

No comments: