Sunday, November 2, 2008

My Girl Scout Weekend

I am sitting here in the airport with my dear friend Julie, waiting to catch our flight back home. We had a really good time here at the 51st National Girl Scout Convention. This year the convention was held in Indianapolis, IN.


Opening ceremony was Thursday evening. We met the other girls and ladies from our council. The presenters shared story weaving with us. We had the opportunity to find someone that we did not know and shared our story with them about how Girl Scouting has brought us to this point.
On Friday, Halloween day we had a great time. We visited the convention hall to check out the exhibits and vendors. we received lots of goodies. Girl Scout cookies, water bottles, journals...
Imagine my surprise to see K and Company with a booth doing a little make and take using their Girl Scout line. My only scrapbook fix for the weekend. Though I took lots of pictures that I will be able to scrap.
Friday night Little Brownie Bakers, you know the company that makes all those yummy cookies, treated us to dinner at a fabulous Italian Restaurant. This picture is the ceiling of one of the dining rooms. The restaurant seemed to go forever. Plenty of little dining rooms.

Ahhh, Dessert. DEATH BY CHOCOLATE!!!!


We also celebrated Juliette Low's Birthday today. Without this great woman there would be no Girl Scouts. Isn't it amazing how much this woman looks like Juliette Low?
The city was really pretty. I would have loved to spend more time sight seeing!

Next Convention 2011 Houston, TX!





No comments: