Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Finally Summer



Today finally felt like summer. The kids and I spent the day at the beach soaking up the sun and catching some waves. I did get to rub it in to my Mom who called as we were relaxing on the beach and she was working. It is so hard living on an island!



Contessa was hard at work helping build a sand castle with Tyler.



I was able to harvest two zucchinis today. For the past month I have grown the largest zucchini and squash I have ever seen!



Here is a zucchini next to a ruler. And this isn't even the largest zucchini to come out of my garden! I am looking forward to making more zucchini bread. Yum-O so good! Winston suggested adding chocolate chips. He loves the bread so much that I dare not tell him it has zucchini in it:)



Tomorrow, back to reality, cleaning the house and running errands.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Okay I'm having total zucchini jealousy!!!! My zuccs have withered up and died... I got ONE stinkin' zucc off of 5 plants before they all croaked. I'll definitely have to do something different next year. Everything else is doing A+ though, thank goodness. (Maybe you could bring some of that yummy zucchini bread to the crop hint hint?) ;)