Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Method To My Madness

I have been wanting to scrapbook the past few days and I just could not find anything inspiring to scrapbook. Then it struck me. So I decided to walk you through my thought process. Scary, I know:)
Step One: I have to start each project with a clean desk. I usually watch HGTV while I scrapbook. Even at crops I need to clean everything up before I start the next layout.

When I see my empty desk my mind flashes back to a sign I once saw that said "If a cluttered desk is the sign of a cluttered mind, then what is an empty desk a sign of???" No wonder sometimes I have a creative block?!?

Step Two: Selecting the pictures.


Step Three: Now to find pattern paper and cardstock.


Step Four: Next I turn to my stash of sketches. I love sketches!!!! I have been using them since Becky Higgins came out with her first book.

Follow the links to the left for some sketch inspiration.

Step Five:Here is the sketch I chose...

I love how the bracket looks like a bow in my archery pictures.

Step Six: laying it out

I trim all the photos, glue everything down and embellish.

Ta Da!!! The Finished Product:


While I had my camera in my scrapbook room I decided to take a few photos to share.

Storage for embellishments and paper.


Wall above the pull out couch for guest or just relaxing.

I have a family loyout that goes on this wall but I have not hung it yet.

My Desk


A few framed layouts

7 comments:

Jamie said...

LOVE this!!! For some reason I thought you had some little cramped up closet for a scrapspace. This is awesome!! And so neat and well decorated... all the stuff I SAY I'm going to do, but never get around to.

This is going on my blog Thursday!

Dawn said...

You have a beautiful room- I wish that I could keep my stuff as organized as you do, and the layout wall is great. I found your blog through Jamie- I will def. have to stop by again.
Thanks for the peek-
Dawn in MB,SC

Cecile said...

Awesome girl!!!
I need to clean up my scrapbook room:(

Jillie said...

ok I'm trying to comment again. I have Personally scrapped in that room and it is as cool as it looks! And yes, she does watch HGTV. Miss you Girl Jill

Pam said...

I love this sketch - I must have missed this one - can you tell me which month/year this one is from!! Thanks. Pam (one of Jamie's friends) pamjames0224@bellsouth.net

deiha said...

I only wish y'all were closer, I hate cropin' alone:(

The sketch is from October 2008.

Thanks for the love!

Kera Simpson said...

Wow! You are a very organized scrapper... I need to learn from you!